Regional Referee Course June 3rd, 2017
Coaches and Volunteers
We have scheduled a Basic Referee Course to be held Saturday, June 3rd from 9:00am-1pm. The course will take place at Warm Springs Middle School Field, Entrance is on Torrey Pines, off Margarita. This is the same location where the games are played.
The class is free, and open to everyone. Coaches, Asst. Coaches, Volunteers, Parents, and youth, 12yrs and older. Please forward spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in the Basic Referee Course. It is a great way to get a better understanding of the rules of the game!
We encourage all of you to attend the class, especially if you are volunteering as a coach next Season. Division 10U and above require referee volunteers. We will be going over new rules regarding 8U games (i.e. throw-ins versus kick-ins) and 10U and 12U (build-out line).
This course is designed as a supplement in the certification as a Regional Referee. Before attending this course, the following must be completed:
- Volunteer Application completed at eAYSO.org (if you are a coach,assistant coach, or volunteered during the Spring Season then you should have already completed this)
- Safe Haven and CDC Concussion Awareness Course completed at aysotraining.org (if you are a coach/assistant coach then you should have already completed this)
- Completion of Basic Online Referee Training Course at aysotraining.org
- Registration for this course is at eayso.org. Roster number is 201701556.
- Lunch will be provided. Please bring a fold out chair, sunscreen, pen/pencil, and notepad.